So a Valentine's themed dinner is all about the desserts, right? RIGHT.
This recipe is actually really simple to make, just make the chocolate cake according to the instructions on the back of the box.
For the cream cheese type filling add the cream cheese (make sure yours is softened!), sugar, vanilla extract, and an egg.
Whip this up a bit! If your cream cheese is softened this step will be awesomely easy... our cream cheese was taken out of the fridge a mere 5 minutes before this happened. We're dare devils.
Once all mixed up add the white chocolate chips.
Fold them into the mix.
Now for our V-day themed meal Kelsey had these super cute heart shaped cake holders. So spray quite liberally with non-stick spray and add some chocolate mix.
Then pour some of the cream cheese filling into the mix and with a knife swirl it all about.
Then you'll want to cook it until a toothpick comes out all nice and clean. Sorry no photos.
Once you let them cool you can decorate them!
Kelsey mixed just the perfect amount of food coloring to get this awesome pink color! Perfectly pink!
Ta-dah! Beautiful! Oh and don't mind the Christmas plate.
Chocolate Swirl Cake
- 1 box of Devils Food Cake mix (and whatever it calls for, in this case, oil, eggs and water)
- 1 Whole package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups of white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the Devils Food Cake according to the directions on the box.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat.
- Once creamy fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Spray baking pan with non-stick spray and pour in chocolate cake batter.
- Pour some of the cream cheese mix in the middle and with a knife swirl the cream cheese into the chocolate mix.
- Place in the oven and bake according to directions on the box.
- Allow to cool and decorate!