Ohhh 7 layer bean dip. How you make our hearts sing.
Cast of Characters: refried beans, taco seasoning, red onion (not pictured), sour cream, Mexican shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, and green onions.
Start by mixing 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning into the refried beans. Then really try your darnedest not to eat the beans before they become the dip.
Layer them out all smooth in the bottom of a bowl.
Dice up some red onion, adding as much as you would like. We didn't want the onion to over power any other ingredients, so we only added about 1/4 of it.
Scatter the onion over the beans.
Slice and dice your olives. Then eat whatever is leftover in the can like we did.
We roughly chopped the olives that were being layered, but made pretty slices to go on top as a garnish.
Layer the olives. Aww yeeeeah.
Then smother is with sour cream. Making sure it's all even and pretty.
Then seriously smother it with cheese. Like so much that you can see NO sour cream. You won't regret it.
Add the shredded lettuce.
Then plop some salsa on top! (Sorry for the weird color of this photo.)
And voila! Garnish with olives and green onion. Then let it chill for a while in the fridge. Then devour it with tortilla chips and don't regret it. And it's pretty tasty the next morning over a fried egg. Just throwin' that out there.
7 Layer Bean Dip
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Black olives sliced, amount based on preference
- 1 cup sour cream, more if you fancy it
- Shredded cheese, amount based on preference
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup salsa
- Green onions and olives for garnish
- Mix refried beans and taco seasoning together, and smooth it out on the bottom of a dish.
- Dice up the red onion and sprinkle it evenly over the beans.
- Slice up the black olives, you can add more or less depending on your own preference, and again sprinkle them evenly over the onions.
- Add sour cream as the next layer, if you love sour cream, add the whole bucket. Not a fan? add a smidge.
- Generously add shredded cheese on top of the sour cream. Make sure everything is still nice and even.
- Add the shredded lettuce.
- Finally add the salsa and smooth it out. Add chopped green onions and black olives as a garnish.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour, serve with tortilla chips, or a fried egg!